What Is Black Mold?
Black Mold is a type of fungus formally known as Stachybotrys Chartarum. It is very dark green or black and has a distinct damp smell. The mold grows on surfaces within your home in basements, bathrooms, laundry rooms and shower cubicles. it can grow in any place that is warm, humid or damp. When a water leak happens inside your wall or under the floor black mold can form within a week. It's important to contact your local SERVPRO professionals because, black mold can release harmful toxins that when inhaled can lead to health problems like lung disease or weakened immune system.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Moorpark / Fillmore / Santa Paula immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (805) 529-5600
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Moorpark / Fillmore / Santa Paula is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Santa Paula