Stay Safe from Fires in the Workplace
A fire is never fun. At the office or workplace, fires can cause danger to personnel in addition to property damage. Read these tips on basic fire prevention to stay as safe on the job as possible.
Steps of Prevention
- Ensure all staff is properly educated on fire prevention procedures, evacuation routes and fire hazards.
- Maintain a clean workspace to reduce the risk of fire.
- Be aware of potential combustible materials and flammable items.
- Keep a working fire extinguisher in the business and know its whereabouts.
- Dispose of combustible or flammable materials in and around the workplace.
- Keep combustible materials in approved containers and away from other flammable items.
- Keep fire extinguisher in an accessible place not blocked by furniture or clutter.
- Keep fire equipment up to date, receive inspections on a regular basis.
- Have a working alarm system with both sound and lights.
- Be aware of local authority and fire department information for easy contact when necessary.
- Keep staff up to date on training, be aware of what’s going on.
- Work with SERVPRO® of Moorpark / Fillmore / Santa Paula to create an emergency response plan for your business.
If a fire does occur in your business, call SERVPRO® of Moorpark / Fillmore / Santa Paula to get the restoration process underway. We know a fire can be devastating, and that is why we take great care in restoring as many of your items as we can. No job is too big for SERVPRO® of Moorpark / Fillmore / Santa Paula. Call today at (805) 529-5600, we are 24/7/365.